Friday, April 20, 2012

Deconstructing a Soul

I have found serenity
In the intrinsic simplicity
Implied by our first sight
I grow into a man
&
I shall never know if
One is born an oddity
Or if it is a choice
The power of these words
Are clear to those who
Dare to have a voice

I find myself on Earth
A state I can only call
The Aftermath of our Proud Suicide
All these survivors just walking around
With broken hearts & aching souls
Limping legs & dangling gold
We fake that which we cannot find
We find that all the words fit
Even if they do not rhyme

I was born to love you
I was born to hold you close
I was born to find you
I was born to seek you out
I was born to heal your wounds
&
Pay the dearest cost
I broke my soul for you
To fill in the missing parts

I've had my share of demons
&
I've suffered broken wings
I know the pain in the voices
of The Crying Angels
As they slowly begin to sing

"All alone is all we are in a Universe so bright
 Oh won't you come & find us
Mysterious wake Angels
Who, with empathy, follow your plight
You'll find us when your hearts open
Just after the days pale embers fade
Watch as we dance among the rain
&
Guide travelers to safety by firefly's
As the setting sun begins to fade
The only truth that we've known
Is that it is only when soul mates touch
Impossible is the Spark
That the answers are found in
Life, Living, True Love, & Loss
The Meaning of this Universe
Was the birthing of the Human Heart
Watch as enlightenment touches wisdom
Alighting all it can
Opening as as a flower to the Sun
Shattering the darkness with illumination
Magic, hope, love, & mystery
Are the cradles where life began"

If I could reach
Right through these words
&
Help you stand up proud
I would give my blood for yours
Just to pay tribute to your graces
I would brave the inferno of Hell
Just to see your smile
Don't take this moment from the History
You are a Goddess among the populace
A Universe within the World
I'm just twisting here in this
Chaotic Maelstrom
Singing Merry Melodies
Over cascading waterfalls
Of Memories

I am aching from within these bones
It's a wound that has never healed
It was just the one swift cut
With an edge sharp as
The Wit of a Writer
Forced to entertain a King
Or face the Colosseum

There with a cold serenity
&
An assassins deft hand

You weilded Love
As a Subtle Knife
You cut right between
The very fibers of my being
Deep enough to expose
The Spectres & Daemons
&
The one true essence
I was a broken man in love
Easy prey for a wicked witch
Or a lioness panting for a cub

This flesh had so desperately enclosed
Emotions I had long forgot
Where once I was dying to be with you
Now I am just myself
With the will to overcome; yet
I have found in my solitude
The simple truth; though I may try
I cannot hope to conquer
That which dances on it's own

I have lost
My Will & Lyra
Call it creativity in prose
I have lost the trail of footsteps
That marked the path
For the Long green Journey Home
I stare into the meaningless abyss
That looms beneath these blood red stones
So let us pretend instead
That this is just a long nightmare
In the waking dream of Life

Will these words reach you?
Will they pierce through the shroud?
You've covered yourself well my lady
In falsely comforting clouds
Leaving me, oh Muse, my light
Unable to see your face

I am now a simple poet
&
Though you stole my light my dear
It is you who are truly blind


No comments:

Post a Comment