Wednesday, April 4, 2012

History of Rock

I'm fighting a seven-fold war on sixteen fronts;
Feeling like a One Man Army
On a Saigon death march
Nine inch nails driven through a cross
Half the time I feel I'm so bad
I'm not afraid of the enemy
Just three doors down from Jupiter & Mercury
They found our weakness in our nicety
&
You're gonnna miss us when were gone
We're God's last batch of Angels
Before Kingdom Come
He saved his best for last:

I see Beatles on the Warpath;
Seething in anger
Imagination has outran man's
Sense of self preservation
I wipe the dust from my third eye as I
Ride the lightning down into a
Blacked out city
Singing "Don't fear the Reaper"
A desperado, a wanted man 
With a one track mind
There I saw  cry, there the old me died,
I became a warrior; like my father before me
I stand; I rise
I'm crushing cans with my my Pop
In the backroom of a shop
Sipping moonshine in revrence
Of the night copperhead road
Betrayed our trust

Only these cans are symbolic
Of the scrotum’s of the evilest of men
The rapists, child molester's, & monsters
They set free, I rounded 'em up
After the bombs over Baghdad went off
&
I gave Ahmadinejad his last wish
The streamers were all tangled up
Wrapped around all of our worst
&
An 800 megaton nuke
There was nothing left but
rolling stones & dust in the wind
Falling through the bluest skies anyone had ever known

Then came the Fallout
The Blackout
The Cataclysm indeed
So I gathered what survivors I could
Established an underwater Kingdom
Called electric ladyland;
Services unlimited
Far, far away
To the bottom of the Sea
You can travel down in a yellow submarine
We have everything you desire
Blacktop basketball
& Pinball,
How you ask
I'm a wizard of course
Running alternating currents
Of magic & the freedom of choice
Directly into your heart
Oh,
&
Beware the lofty Eagles,
Though exceptional, they bite.

We even have racetracks
Where it's okay to yell out
“I'm breaking the law!”
Going 66 in a red Chevelle
&
Might I add
If 6 was 9 that would be correct
We'd all be in a purple haze
Feeling fine & flying high
I've tried all my life momma
But there's no such thing
As a simple man
Just like there's never been
A free bird in a turtle neck
I'm on my way out
Shooting like a star down at the bar
&
My only enemies are
All these changes in the house of flies
Meanwhile I'm captivated by beautifully unfriendly skies
Toting sixteen tons, six shotguns, & a .45
Marching down thunder road
He's alive & Well
He's aware of your predicament
&
Your Journey through Hell
In all of this chaos He's come back
To make things right
Soaring through a hole in the sky
With Christ at his side
Johnny Cash is back in black
&
Walking with a Pima stride
Guitar strap & black sunglasses
He said: "This time we came here to live,
Never again will a good man have to die"

So when I get where I'm going
I'll have a new favorite memory
To numb me down comfortably
A Woodstock Anthem complete with
Crosby, Stills, & Nash
A Witchy Woman & Carlos Santana
A funeral pyre in the City of New Orleans
Buy you a beer & come on down 
To the Creedence Clearwater Revival
Where all can be saved
By a force from on high
As to how we earned this last reprieve
Only God knows why
The Age of Man has ended at last
&
I couldn't be happier if I tried
I will not fade to black
I will stand defiant
Clothes stained with memories
Singing Epiphany
In a Kansas Kornfield
&
It was there that I saw Heaven.at last
An Eden full of sound
A margarita
A cheeseburger
Beautiful women
&
Great sex foreverlasting
AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment