Tuesday, March 20, 2012

God's Rebel Sons


Maybe you don't know
Maybe you were never told
But God, oh
How he loves his rebel sons!

Poetic, bohemian, 21st Century
Samurai soul with a devilish grin
Angel's wings singed by the flames
Hard rock & broken ballad lullabies
You're you & I'm me;
It's all free will baby
&
I wouldn't have it any other way!

Cruising long lonely highways
Or parked by the pond in the woods
It's a breathtaking sunrise, as the moon sinks low
All in the eye of those beholden to beauty, truth, & love
A long mile from perfect; I'll be the first to say;
At times I drink too much
Sometimes my mind is too far away
I forget to live & I forget the words that matter
But with my radio on I've never forgotten
A single word to sing; take it from the heart
Hit the ground running & don't ever stop
'Cause were God's rebel sons &
We live free until we drop!

No comments:

Post a Comment